IT'S OUR FIRST GROUP PERFORMANCE!
This is exciting. We are starting to piece together our skills as a small band or group to perform for the class. In groups of 4 - 5 people, you will be rehearsing for our first group performances. Have no worries, this is only the first! Once you complete this one, you will want to do more!
Now is the time to find your song. You should stick to a simple 3 (possibly 4) chord songs. Here are some resources to point you in the right direction.
Links for 4 chord songs: http://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/73-songs-you-can-play-with-the-same-four-chords#.uy4kgK3vq
DO I HAVE TO USE THESE SONGS OR CAN I FIND ONE ON MY OWN?
The answer to this question is YES! You may find one on your own. These are just helpful places to start looking.
Try the following:
- Find a group of 4-5 students.
- Discuss your strengths or what you would like to learn. For example, maybe you can play the piano but you would like to stretch yourself and learn the song on guitar.
- Try to have 3 different instruments.
- Examples of possible instruments: piano, guitar, ukelele, percussion, drums, vocals
- Learn the chords and the song arrangement and practice away!
You will practice together in class. Each group will be given time in the class using the Roland HS-5 (Session Mixer). This will allow you to practice and hear each other. Practicing using this mixer will begin April 25 in class.
WHEN DO WE HAVE TO PERFORM?
We will hold our performances during the week of May 2. Performances will begin on Wednesday, May 4 through Friday, May 6.