ME IN ONE WORD USING PIXLR
Be sure to take a photo of yourself using the following criteria:
- Against a solid colour wall (avoid changes in colour)
- Step away from the wall 1-2 feet
- Be sure the background contrasts with your shirt
- 3-5 photos using different expressions
Email yourself the photos and save to your M: Drive.
Open the photo you choose to work with in PIXLR.
Double click on the lock of your photo layer. This will unlock your layer and you will be able to have a transparent background. This is required for later in the assignment.
Begin to cut out or erase the background from your photo. Be sure to play with the brush "hardness" in the brush settings in order to properly edge your silhouette.
Once you have completely cut out the background and erased the wall from your photo, begin to experiment with placing your word in a creative fashion to properly describe yourself.
You can also experiment with effects/filters in PIXLR to add some interest to your photo, if you choose.
Save the photo and upload it to your Google Drive in your Media Arts folder.
10 marks - Correctly cutting out your portrait
- Is there any extra information other than your portrait? I.e. (Did you cut everything out?)
- Did you cut off your face/hair too much?
10 marks - adding background and text
- Were you able to succesfully add a background colour?
- Were you able to add text to your portrait?